Sunday, September 12, 2021

Testing the Waters

 So, I can sleep if I try to. I’m in a little bit of a poor me rut, if I’m being honest. So, the next encounter is a little harder to recall. Meanwhile, this is 3rd quarter 1993. I had a fleeting friend named Andrea who had a crush on the boy. I had an inkling the boy liked me. I swear I didn’t mean for him to like me. Somehow, we were invited to a party the boy and his roommates were having on Wilkins Avenue. It was a tie party. He must of had 50 ties and he’d tie one around the neck of each party entrant. His laugh and his personality were huge. He was smart and quick witted and I belly laughed talking to him. The party ended. Andrea and I left. We were walking back to Oakland and she told me the boy liked me, she was pissed and didn’t want to be my friend anymore. I was hurt. I didn’t mean to talk to the boy that much…It just came naturally, as if we already knew each other.

I married him. He was the sweetest boy in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment