Sunday, September 12, 2021

Second Encounter

 Still not sleeping. So, short story. About a week after the boy sat in our seats at The Affordable Floors show at Graffiti, Kim and I went to The Decade in Oakland to see a band called The Nixon Clocks. I saw them before at a battle of the bands and at a side stage at Lollapalooza. The songs were catchy and danceable, but Kim and I weren’t dancers, we liked to watch the band and feel the music. Kim noticed the keyboard player was the boy who took the stage and shocked the crowd at the Floors show that last week! It was cute and fun to watch the band and make the connection. I got up and went to the restroom. When I got back Kim told me the boy watched me walk across the room. She said he watched in the direction I went and stared as I came back. I married him. He was the sweetest boy in the world…

No comments:

Post a Comment