Sunday, September 12, 2021

A Sweet Boy

 So, lost my friend. I may be the jerk in that situation, not her. She liked him. He was likable. It was absolutely not intentional. The boy and I just clicked. Then my friends and I realized his band, The Nixon Clocks, were the house band at Nick’s Fat City on Thursday nights. We were partial to 25 cent drafts and retro music at the Upstage on Thursdays, but we (Cristina and Susie) decided to go see The Nixon Clocks. It was 2 dollar Rolling Rocks at Nick’s. I saw the boy. There were smiles and hellos exchanged. The girls and I left Nick’s to go to our stomping ground, the Upstage, where we loved to be. The pulsating music…I looked up. The boy said hello. There he was.

I married him. He was the sweetest boy in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment